Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree!

The story that goes with the four Christmas trees.
If you have read my husband's blog lately, you will discover that he has a hard time getting rid of things. I do not share the same hardship of throwing out old things, except when it comes to Christmas. (thus our collection of trees). The first tree pictured below is the newest member. I purchased this for a great deal last year when I was tired of stringing lights on the tree. It is pre-lit, fabulous, and bigger. This is decorated green and gold to match the room in which it sits (living room). As a side note, you will see that every room of my house is a different (Martha Stewart) color which my husband (& some of his friends) loving refer to as an "Easter Basket."

The second tree was the very first tree we bought. It is several years old and had to be assembled branch by branch. (which is clearly why I needed a new one). I let the kids assemble it. This is decorated silver and plum to match the room in which it sits. (dining room)

Now this one is quite sad looking I know, but my sister-in-law was going to throw it out and I just couldn't part with it. So, I adopted it and it now sits next to the fireplace and is decorated blue and white. (Now Deb does not know just how old this is--somewhere around 25+ years) Aslan wanted to do this one by himself.

Our last tiny little tree is in the girl's room. It is pink and purple with a few "My Little Pony" ornaments hanging on.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Dawn...I am IMPRESSED! I can not BELEIVE that you already have up ONE Christmas Tree...let alone FOUR!

I love the room-themed trees!

RHV

Anonymous said...

You need to share your Christmas time passion underneath some mistletoe with your Dr. husband. Ya think?